Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing Hardware Drivers On Rh9
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
subnubilus
I just installed RH9 last night, and I noticed that 3D Hardware Acceleration is not available, and I think it's because I don't have Linux specific drivers. I have a GeForce 4 MX 64MB card. Anyway, if anyone knows of a good and simple tutorial on installing the drivers, I'd really appreciate it. Keep in mind that I am as green as can be, so something written for idiots would be nice.

Thanks!

- subnubilus -
andrewjenkins
The NVIDIA drivers for Linux are excellent, IMHO. Try going to www.nvidia.com, and going to "download drivers" and click on Linux/IA32. They have instructions there - you probably just have to download two RPMs, install them (su, then rpm --install rpm_filename), and log out of X (GNOME/KDE), log back in. Unlike windows, you will most likely not even need to restart.

If you want to see what kind of a speedup you get, run glxgears before you install and after. I went from about 200FPS unaccelerated to 3700FPS accelerated with a similar card (GeForce 2 GTS)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.