Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problems Installing Suse
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
bennyboy
Hey,

Basically as the topic states. i place the disk in the device get a black screen and white text stating various technical important stuff and it tell me it is loading.

Next i get a blue screen with linux written on it and a grey error box stating "file:/var/adm/mount/boot/x86_64/yest2-trans-en_US.rpm: SHA1 sum wrong"
"if you really trust your repository, you may continue in an insecure mode"
I clicked ok sort of ignoring it!

Then red box stating error occured during installation.

then it goes to installation page when you click on and lets me pick a partition, then asks me to state the source directory, which in my case is "L" hit enter and i get error repository not found!! also tried "L:" "L:\"

What the heck is wrong?

Thanks!
michaelk
Welcome to Linuxhelp

The SHA1 sum wrong indicates that either there were errors in the downloaded ISO file. You should download the file from a different location and try to reinstall again. There is not enough information to know what is causing the second problem. Is your L: drive the DVD drive? linux does not use drive letters. If your DVD drive is an IDE then it could be either /dev/sda, /dev/sdb, /dev/sdc or /dev/sdd depending on your hardware.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.