Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wireless Connectivity
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
flashyfish
I tried to read some of the advice in this forum on how to connect my laptop to my wireless router but I could not find an answer that helped. I bought a laptop (Dell Inspiron 1525) with the Linux operating system. LINUX Mint 9 (isadora) Gnome 32 bit. Basically when I try to connect to my wireless router, by clicking on the bars in the lower right-hand corner, I get a dialog box asking for authentication. I enter my WEP passphrase and click connect but the blue arrow just spins in a circle in the bottom right hand corner and no connection is made. Eventually the dialog box just reappears. If I can give you more information about the computer I can - just do not know much about Linux (actually nothing). Sure seems to run smoothly though!
Luzifull22
yess Ok Thankss!
flashyfish
QUOTE (frdwrs @ Feb 11 2011, 04:59 PM) *
Hi, though I am new here & <deleted spam> can suggest you to reconnect the whole system.
Thanks

Not sure what you mean by that. Can you explain? It's a laptop so there's really nothing to connect or unconnect.
michaelk
The replies to your post are spam advertising.
I have not played with mint in a while so I can not offer much help. If your router and wireless adapter are capable of WPA encryption I suggest using it instead of WEP.
I assume that your wireless adapter is being recognised and the correct modules are being loaded.
Post the output of the command
iwconfig

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.