Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old Fortran Code
Linuxhelp > Support > Programming in Linux
JB191
Hi guys,

Sorry if this is something ridiculously stupid I'm doing, but I'm pretty much completely new to this and could use some help. I'm trying to compile a piece of software which is pretty old, and needs a utility called 'fsplit' to compile correctly. This splits large blocks of fortran code into smaller segments. The problem I'm having is that I can't find it anywhere, the nearest thing I can find is 'f90split' which doesn't appear to do what I need, although I'm not sure why. I believe the code I'm trying to compile was written in fortran77 not 90, which might explain it. Anyway, any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
michaelk
I found references to a fsplit app that does both f77 & f90 but the URL to the source code was not valid anymore. Is it reasonable that f90 is backwards compatible with f77?
JB191
QUOTE (michaelk @ Jun 23 2009, 09:56 PM) *
I found references to a fsplit app that does both f77 & f90 but the URL to the source code was not valid anymore. Is it reasonable that f90 is backwards compatible with f77?

I would have assumed so as well, but when the compiler calls it, all I get is a message saying it's writing dependencies to a file. I'm not really sure what that means, but it doesn't do much after that. Any ideas??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.