Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need some advice :)
Linuxhelp > In The Community > General Discussion
nameless1
Hy 2 all

I did some research about servers, specially file servers, cause i want to make my own.I came to the conclusion that linux is the best OS for a server. But now i don't know which type is better. Is Debian or Centos or... etc ? I figured you guys could help me

And another question. Is cPanel the best software for a server. I mean if i want to maintain more accounts ( limit bandwidth, storage space , etc ).Is this the best software ? And i've saw that the most cPanels have monthly fees, but there are also free ones.Is there a big difference between them ?

My dsl internet connection almost reaches 16000 Kb/s download and almost 1000 Kb/s upload.How many accounts could i maintain ? (10, 50 ,100 ? )

thx in advance smile.gif
seeooo13
I do not know this.
michaelk
Either distribution will work and it is just comes down to a matter of what you like better.

What is allowed by your service provider. Many block websites and mail servers. It depends on the services you want to provide?

superswing
Like a lot of information.
ArmstrongL
I have the same question but I still don't have an answer and can't see it here((( C'mon guys! Is that so difficult for you to answer???? I need this advice, really!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.