Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UDF Mount Error
Linuxhelp > Support > Hardware Support
kristoefer
I a fairly new Linux user. With that said please forgive me if I seem ignorant, also keep this in mind as its relevant to the problem. Here is my situation. I recently switched to linux. While I was still on windows vista, I created a UDF file system DVD that stored all my important information. Pictures, resumes, purchased software, and etc. It was the UDF file system where I could delete stuff off the disk and add stuff. In linux, when I put in the dvd it my drive I receive a error about not being able to mount it. How do I go about getting my data off this disk.

The errors I receive are as followed ..

Invalid mount option when attempting to mount the volume 'UDF Volume'.

DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
michaelk
What distribution/version of linux are you running? There are three different versions of UDF Vista uses 2.5 as default ( I do believe) so unless you are using a kernel of 2.6.26 or better you will not be able to read the disk without patching the OS. How much data is on the disk?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.