Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Email Server
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
koshea
Hope someone can help... I am looking for software that will resolve an issue for me... I have a domain name hosted by an ISP which allows me unlimited email aliases, so all email sent to *@mydomainname.com will come to me. This is great, but what I would like to do is have some (email server) software which would allow me to download this set of emails from my ISP's server and hold it on my local PC. From this holding stage, I would like to be able to have different users/email apps/computers retrieve their individual email messages by seperation of user1@mydomainname.com, user2@mydomainname.com, etc.

Is there an email server software package which will allow me to do this? I am a Linux newbie with Suse 8.1.

I hope that the solution can be found with a freeware/shareware/open source software package.

Thanks.
Joey
I think fetchmail & procmail will do this for you. Try searching www.google.com on the subject.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.