Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grub Help
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
steveowashere
Hey everyone im still a bit new to linux and i was trying to install opensuse to my flash drive, so i booted up the live cd and used the live installer. ok no problem but the installer put grub bootloader on my Windows Vista Partition! And now when ever i boot my pc grub comes up and says loading grub stage 1.5 and then it says error 22. i have no idea what that means or what to do. if someone could please help me to remove grub without damaging windows. by the way i dont have a vista cd. thanks in advance for any help.
michaelk
The following link should help. There seems to be plenty of help on the web for this problem.
http://neosmart.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1638
steveowashere
Thanks for help it looks like an awesome app. but the problem is that i cant boot vista because grub keeps getting an error. and you need vista to run the app you suggested. ive tried to run it under wine and i installed windows xp in sun virtual box but no success. so if you have any other suggestions that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
michaelk
In one of the posts there is an image you can download to create a bootable VISTA DVD.
If this PC only has a CD-R/W then you might be able to find another emergency boot CD by googling.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.