Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outdated Dependency
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
ryeguy146
While attempting to use apt-get to install vhcp, I get an error that a dependency, apache2-common, is missing and uninstallable. When I attempt to apt-get apache2-common, I'm told that it's outdated and being replaced with two apps, apache2.2-common and apache2-utils. So, I grabbed those and attempted to install vhcp again, no dice. It's still angry that apache2-common is missing. So, question; can I link either apache2-utils or apache2.2-common with apache2-common and fool the install? If not, what can I do? Perhaps download the .deb file and attempt to edit it? I don't even know if that's possible.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Note:
I attempted to search for a similar thread using the keywords "outdated dependency" as well as apache2-common and received no help, if it's out there, my bad, I tried.
ryeguy146
QUOTE (ryeguy146 @ Oct 28 2008, 02:18 PM) *
While attempting to use apt-get to install vhcp, I get an error that a dependency, apache2-common, is missing and uninstallable. When I attempt to apt-get apache2-common, I'm told that it's outdated and being replaced with two apps, apache2.2-common and apache2-utils. So, I grabbed those and attempted to install vhcp again, no dice. It's still angry that apache2-common is missing. So, question; can I link either apache2-utils or apache2.2-common with apache2-common and fool the install? If not, what can I do? Perhaps download the .deb file and attempt to edit it? I don't even know if that's possible.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Note:
I attempted to search for a similar thread using the keywords "outdated dependency" as well as apache2-common and received no help, if it's out there, my bad, I tried.

No ideas? Should I just choose another DC Hub?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.