Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In need of help making an M.F.L. display
Linuxhelp > Support > Programming in Linux
Exthero
I am just starting with *nix systems and would like to try and setup a headless server or two for file and web hosting. while searching around I found what I think is a very nifty idea (A multi function LED display) that could help me out and also look cool in the process here is a link: http://www.sorgonet.com/trashing/systemled/

well I have tried to install the Parallel drivers that it recommends in the page, only I get errors while trying to run the *.pl file

I have tried using Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS 5, DSL and a few other distro's and alll end up with the same thing.

I tried to contact the site's owner and was told that he was not helping anyone with the construction or trouble shooting of the display.

Or if anyone knows how to make something similar that atleast has the Binary Clock, RAM usage and HDD usage meters that would also be great.

Any help would be appreciated.
michaelk
As you have determined your problems are related to perl and not any specific distribution. I am not a perl programmer so I can not provide any specific help
in that respect. The cpan documentation might provide some help. You could also use c to accomplish the same tasks.

good luck
Exthero
As I stated before I am new to *nix operating systems, and haven't even begun working with any programming languages other then HTML and PHP.

How could I go about performing the same tasks using c as you mentioned?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.