Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One Of Those "how Did They Do That?" Posts
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
JohnnyTHM
Greetings. Newbie to Linux. Running Mandrake 9.1. Noticed several screenshots at www.mandrake.com which show people using the KDE 3.1 Desktop. I am alternating between KDE, and Gnome(though I prefer KDE), and there is a transparency available for the KDE "Start menu"(Forgive me, I'm sure there's a proper term for it, but I dont' know it). I can't figure out how to set this transparency up, and it's driving me a bit batty. I figured that somewhere along the line, I would stumble upon the setting that I need to be looking at, or find some sort of tutorial, but thus far I've found nothing. Does anyone know how to make this happen? I'd be very grateful if someone would be so kind as to instruct me on how to accomplish this.

I've got an example of what I'm trying to do uploaded:

Here

I obtained it from the Mandrake homepage.

Thanks in advance.
jetblackz
Transparent menus are available for ONLY a few themes. The default works. It's under a submenu of a submenu in Control Panel. Probably Panels. It's a drop-down menu.
JohnnyTHM
I found it now. See? Thanks for your help.
Joey
Looking good.
twisted1
ohmy.gif Dude,
Thats my grlfriend you got for your background how did you get that picture!!!!!
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.