Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cant mount my RAID 5
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Luser

long story short ive taken a vow to never install another version of windows on my machine. if it comes down to it ill just wipe the drives and redo it in my current OS (Ubuntu 7.10) but i dont want to do that as it has every document/vid/song/pic/animation ive DL'd over the past 7 years. nothing really irreplaceable but id like to keep it if possible, which im fairly sure it is. so. if anyone knows how to circumvent this particular problem, without loading a microsoft OS, id love to hear it.

pwease?
Corey
Moved to Technical support

I've gotten this message a few times with my external USB drive. You pretty much have to do what the message says. The safest thing to do is to hook the drive up to a Windows machine and run a chkdisk on it because it wasn't cleanly unmounted. The easiest thing to do is force the mount using the command in the message:

First, create a mount point in /media (preferably one without spaces in it because i think this will cause problems

mkdir /media/foobar
mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/hdb1 /media/foobar -o force

But yeah, if this drive has important documentation on it, i would hook it up to a Windows machine, run chkdsk on it, and also change the name to something without spaces in it because "Local Disk 2" may cause problems.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.