Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tor/Privoxy/Vidalia Help
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
dustfinger
I'm running Fedora Core 8, if that makes any difference.

I'm trying to run tor with firefox, and to do so I need privoxy to work. I installed tor from the rpm gotten off its website and privoxy from yum. At this point, tor started off fine, but for it to do anything with FF I needed privoxy running as well. Here's where the problems started.

CODE
[****@localhost ~]$ privoxy start
Starting privoxy: Usage: privoxy {start|stop|reload|restart|condrestart|status|top}
                                                           [FAILED]
[****@localhost ~]$

It doesn't ever say anything more than that. I've gone into the config file and set the debug to display every error possible, but that's all it ever says. I decided to try getting vidalia to see if that would help. Vidalia starts up fine until I tell it to start Tor, which is when it crashes giving me:

CODE
GLib-ERROR **: file gmain.c: line 2064 (g_main_dispatch): assertion failed: (current->source == &current_source_link)
aborting...
Aborted

Google has gotten me nowhere, and I've checked through every setting these programs have, to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas as to what's wrong?
dustfinger
bump, anybody?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.