Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wesnoth.tar.bz2 install help
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Anhe
Hi

I just got an Asus EEE and i have never used Linux before. I have tried to read tutorials in google, but there is to much i dont understand like config, make, make install.

I got Synaptic on the laptop and i got the tar file from the wesnoth homepage, i allso have extracted the tar file and both files/folder are in the same folder (my documents)
When i try to search for wesnoth in Synaptic nothing comes up. Can any one help me i have tried for two days now xD biggrin.gif
DS2K3
I suspect you have downloaded a source version of Wesnoth. It needs to be compiled before you can run it. However, I personally don't like compiling things (and I am a computer science undergrad) and would instead reccomend that you try to find a precompiled package, which is what Synaptic tries to do (by looking various "software repositories"). Quite a lot of distributors do provide precompiled Wesnoth packages. I haven't use an Eee before though - Do you know what distribution you have?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.