Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FC7 how to have chinese input function
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
trapeze
as title.... i didn't find working advice for FC7(that of FC8 is also great).

also, how to go directly into folders without popping out another(2nd folder) new folder when double-clicking the mouse.

thanks.
DS2K3
International input is handled using an alternative input method - "scim" is a good one - Do a search for it in the "add/remove software" tool.

Not sure about the second thing - I assume you are using GNOME.

D
trapeze
QUOTE (DS2K3 @ Jan 3 2008, 05:23 PM) *
International input is handled using an alternative input method - "scim" is a good one - Do a search for it in the "add/remove software" tool.

thanks !!

i found out that i already installed scim. i tried to find how to launch it and use it but didn't get working info.... man scim didn't come out anything either.... would you please tip me off a bit !?
DS2K3
You need to install scim, the bridges for QT and GTK (should come as dependencies I think) and also the scim-lang-X packages for whatever languages you want (where X is the language).

Then, run "im-chooser" which is a GUI program that will allow you to enable input methods and then select SCIM. Log out and then log back in again. In your taskbar should be a small grey box - That is SCIM - Right clicking will allow you to choose languages and change settings.

To start typing in another language, press ctrl+space.

Have a look at the other scim packages available in the add/remove software tool - Some of them are quite handy and add features like an on-screen keyboard,

D
trapeze
QUOTE (DS2K3 @ Jan 5 2008, 05:45 AM) *
That is SCIM - Right clicking will allow you to choose languages and change settings.
To start typing in another language, press ctrl+space.

thanks. i came to the scim setup interface showing up at the upper right corner of my computer screen. i tried ctri+space but nothing came out. i tried to set up in the settings a bit and tried ctril+space several times but still...the same... ..stuck...
DS2K3
You need to be in a program that supports the input methods - GEdit is pretty reliable, and firefox usually works too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.