Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie Problem
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
newbieunfortunately
I know that this could possibly be the n00biest question ever asked but i just cant find the answer anywhere on the web. I am trying to install linux on my Macbook Pro so I can learn it. Problem is, setting it up on my Mac is not quite as easy as I'd hoped. I've looked at multiple guides but mainly focussed on this one - http://en.opensuse.org/Installation_on_Mac...ore_2_Duo_(x86). The guide tells me to boot from CD to install lilo manullly through Rescue System. Anyway, now to the question after creating lilo.conf like the guide says, it says to save. I cant find instructions anywhere on how to save lilo.conf within Rescue System. Can you help? Unfortunately, installing SuSE on a mac is probably more suited to an experienced user, thus rendering me useless. Thank you.
michaelk
I assume that you have followed the directions and used vi (ASCII text editor) to edit the lilo.conf file.
To save files the command is:
:wq (w=write, q=quite)

You can find lots of info on vi on the web.
newbieunfortunately
Many thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.