Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting Rid of Windows!?
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
MatthewSchenker
Everyone,
This is my first post here. I've been running a dual-boot computer with Kubuntu and Windows XP. But now I'm ready to get rid of Windows altogether.

I have an 80-GB hard drive. My Kubuntu installation has been running on a small 4-GB partition. Windows XP was in a 75-GB partition. I've deleted the Windows partition and now have a large section of free space.

I want to resize the Kubuntu partition so it takes over the free space (what used to be Windows). Is there a simple way to do this? Can I do this with an existing installation, or do I need to re-install Kubuntu from scratch?

Thanks,
Matt
matt
You can search the Synaptic Package Manager for GNU parted / Gparted and use that Utility to resize your partition. I know it supports ext3. So it depends on what file system your using. As well if you don't need to resize it if you can just format it as another Linux partition using the command line tools cfdisk or fdisk and just mount it where ever you need it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.