Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1920x2000 Display Size?
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
saylor09
Please help!

I just got a brand spankin new Dell inspiron 8500 with a WUXGA ultrasharp wide display that is capable of 1920x2000 resolution. It works fine under winXP but linux (RedHat8.0) doesn't seem to want to support this. I'm not too familiar with all the XF86config stuff and I'm not sure what else to do. I've run through xf86config and it doesn't provide this resolution as a choice. Does linux support 1920x2000 at all? Do the choices for the supported resolutions depend upon the sync frequencies? I've scouring the web and haven't been able to find the exact specs for the display. I based some values on another LCD display that supported 1920x2000 natively but I suppose that's not really appropriate.

Can anyone provide any clues?

TIA
frodo44
That's a pretty uncommon display size. Chances are that X doesn't support it. You might have to run at a lower resolution, like 1200 x something (can't remember the other one). You might do some web crawling, though, and see if anyone has come out with a patch for X that supports that resolution.

Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.