Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trouble installing NVIDIA driver on FC5
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Nerdio
I have decided now that I am starting to find my way with Linux, that I would install the correct NVIDIA driver on my FC5 installation (Video is awful at the moment, but bearable).

I downloaded the NVIDIA driver NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-7184-pkg1.run
, and also, got hold of my kernel source using yum kernel-devel. This all seesm to be OK. However, when I run the above NVIDIA package, it seems to compile the kernel interface, then fails. The log file is quite lengthy, but the first notable error is as follows;

echo; \
echo " ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid."; \
echo " include/linux/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are miss
ing."; \
echo " Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it.
"; \
echo; \

Does anybody have any experience of installing NVIDIA drivers, and compiling the kernel interface? (Video card is an ol GEForce2 MX100 DDR/MX200 DDR)

Thanks
chrisw
You have all the proper compiling tools, libraries to compile properly...possibly like automake autoconf..there are a few extras that I can not think of off hand....expecially dealing with kernel compilation, like glibc-kernheaders ....
adam.stokes
QUOTE (Nerdio @ Feb 28 2007, 05:54 PM) *
I have decided now that I am starting to find my way with Linux, that I would install the correct NVIDIA driver on my FC5 installation (Video is awful at the moment, but bearable).

I downloaded the NVIDIA driver NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-7184-pkg1.run
, and also, got hold of my kernel source using yum kernel-devel. This all seesm to be OK. However, when I run the above NVIDIA package, it seems to compile the kernel interface, then fails. The log file is quite lengthy, but the first notable error is as follows;

echo; \
echo " ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid."; \
echo " include/linux/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are miss
ing."; \
echo " Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it.
"; \
echo; \
Does anybody have any experience of installing NVIDIA drivers, and compiling the kernel interface? (Video card is an ol GEForce2 MX100 DDR/MX200 DDR)

Thanks

Check out : http://www.fedorafaq.org/fc5/#nvidia
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.