Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nforce 430 No Sound or Network
Linuxhelp > Support > Hardware Support
matt
Hey guys

Having some Troubles with the Nforce 430
I'm using slackware 11 and have tried every kernel under the sun so far to make a effort to get sound and the nic working. They best i came up with was with Fedora 6 but that only gave me my Nic not sound. Nvidias nforce driver isnt supported for slackware and i dont know where to find it. Searching the net has found that I need to not use the forcedeth driver and use nvnet. and for alsa i need a patch. Has anyone dealt with these problems before. Right now i would just like my nic to work. Where under my make menuconfig would i find the forcedeth module. Very confused here as I've been using slack for years and now with my new system I'm dead in the water. Really dont want to switch distros just need to know how to get this things modules compiled in and working into a kernel.

any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Matt
Corey
Hey matt, i was just doing some more poking around....

Have you checked this out?

And this thread on the Ubuntu forums might be helpful.

Other then that, I have no idea. It's been a while since i've messed with nforce in linux.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.