Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mandriva
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
amanites
Hi,
I have Linux Mandriva installed on my second harddisc and would like to connect to the internet
with it.
Can someone help please.

I am already connected to the internet on my first hard disc with windows so hopefully the modem
used for this will be ok to connect with Linux also.

Thanks
michaelk
Depends. I assume this is a winmodem. What type of modem, PCI, USB etc. If you know the model number you can check the information at linmodems.org to see if there is some linux support.
amanites
QUOTE (michaelk @ Dec 5 2006, 04:47 PM) *
Depends. I assume this is a winmodem. What type of modem, PCI, USB etc. If you know the model number you can check the information at linmodems.org to see if there is some linux support.

Thanks for your reply.The Modem is a Thomson Speedtouch 510,its not a USB conn,I dont know what
PCI conn means.Anyway I will log on to the website you suggested to see if it works.
michaelk
PCI is the bus specification for internal cards. Is your modem internal vs external?

Ok this is an ADSL modem. Connecting to it via ethernet is easy in linux.
Mandriva has a network configuration wizard. Run the wizad, select ADSL and proivde the necessary information.
amanites
QUOTE (michaelk @ Dec 6 2006, 11:06 AM) *
PCI is the bus specification for internal cards. Is your modem internal vs external?

Ok this is an ADSL modem. Connecting to it via ethernet is easy in linux.
Mandriva has a network configuration wizard. Run the wizad, select ADSL and proivde the necessary information.

Thanks yet again,I will give it a go.Wish me luck.
amanites
If you are still following this post could you please explain how I run the wizard you mentioned
in orevious post to provide the necessary information for me to connect to the internet.

Thanks
michaelk
Start the Mandrake control Center, select internet connection.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.