Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random Restart
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
gdi1942
Linux, got SusE and Mandriva are restarting at the installation screen as soon as you select installation. The progress bag comes up saying loading linux kernel and then the system reboots. HOWEVER the Mandriva Live CD boots ok with everything running. NO this is not a corrupt disk cause it's happening on more than one installation type. Is there any way to boot log or anything, i took the hard drive out and put it on my current computer and installed Mandriva on it but when it's in the other comp it still restarts.

My supisions are on the PCI port, the loader for setup crashes when theres a network card (regardless of which card) is in it. I'm guessing PCI IRQ is set wrong but the key is that the Live CD is booting ok prooving me wrong.
g33k
During installation of suse..when u choose the "installation" option, you may check out the log files by using the root console : ctrl + alt + F2. And then doing a cat on the /tmp/Yast2/ :
CODE
cat /tmp/Yast2/<filename>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.