Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with Linspire
Linuxhelp > Support > Life after Windoze
fedlerner
Hi!
My brother has been touching the computer and he has fu**ed it....
Every time i want to enter Windows XP i can't because an error of "Explorer" appears....
I've installed LinSpire in another hard drive...
I'm planning to backup all the files from the other hard drive into DVDs, and then format my hard drives and reinstall windows xp.

The things is that i don't really know too much abour Linux and i don't know how to make DVDs with my backups

Need backup biggrin.gif
g33k
First of all, Open up a terminal and then type in
CODE
konqueror&

In konqueror go into the "Storage Media" and see if your harddisk is already mounted (there should be a harddisk icon..just check its contents). If its mounted then type in the terminal :
CODE
k3b

You can use k3b to write the files onto a DVD smile.gif Just see the K3B handbook (press F1) for details on how to write a Data DVD..
DS2K3
Much as I loathe XP, I must admit I dislke Linspire even more.
markjr
QUOTE (DS2K3 @ Oct 12 2006, 02:14 PM) *
Much as I loathe XP, I must admit I dislke Linspire even more.

My laptop came with linspire pre-installed and I just could not figure out where to go next with it. Nearest I could tell, it had no windowing system, no GUI installed, just a stripped down bare-bones command set only with no easy path to install the rest.

So I just wiped it and installed Xandros. Which went a lot better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.