Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SD cards
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Ant Lei
Hello. I was just wondering how to read my sd cards on Linux. When I was using windows, it automatically loads when I insert it in. What should I do now that I am using Linux? Cheers.
michaelk
What distribution / version of linux are you running?
Ant Lei
Sorry for the lack of details. I'm using suse 10.0 on a laptop. It doesn't do anything when I insert a sd card. What should I do? Thank you.
michaelk
And the make / model of laptop?

Look at the output of the dmesg command to see if the card is recognized. look for something with sda or sdb.
Ant Lei
Thank you for your reply, Michael.

It's a BenQ joybook 3000M. I tried the command you said, I couldn't see anything with sda or sdb. Does that mean they don't recognise the card reader?
michaelk
Not sure yet. I did not find much information via googling. All the sites mentioned the card reader being recognzied but not working or not tested. The kernel recognizes the card readers existance via the output of the lspci command but that is about as far as it goes. You may be out of luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.