Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Error on Linux Fedora install (VMware)
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
SassyBanjo
Attempting to install Linux Fedora via VMware…I selected automatic partitioning and got the message: “The partition table on device sda was unreadable. To create new partitions it must be initialized, causing the loss of ALL DATA on this drive. This operation will override any previous installation choices about which drives to ignore. Would you like to initialize the drive, erasing ALL DATA?"

When I selected "NO", This message popped up: "An error has occurred-no valid devices were found on which to create new file systems. Please check your hardware for the cause of this problem. When I select “OK” Linux installation reboots and begins the process again.

What do I need to do to obtain automatic partition?
SassyBanjo
QUOTE (SassyBanjo @ Sep 9 2006, 09:17 AM) *
Attempting to install Linux Fedora via VMware…I selected automatic partitioning and got the message: “The partition table on device sda was unreadable. To create new partitions it must be initialized, causing the loss of ALL DATA on this drive. This operation will override any previous installation choices about which drives to ignore. Would you like to initialize the drive, erasing ALL DATA?"

When I selected "NO", This message popped up: "An error has occurred-no valid devices were found on which to create new file systems. Please check your hardware for the cause of this problem. When I select “OK” Linux installation reboots and begins the process again.

What do I need to do to obtain automatic partition?

I am no longer researching the answer. A classmate of mine confirmed my hopes that partitioning is restricted to the VMware enviroment and will not overwrite other OSs installed on my system.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.