Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: usb problem
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
crazyboutcomps
I have just installed Mandriva linux 2006. I tried to access my jump drive and install my mouse, and found that Linux is not using the usb ports. How can I get linux to use them?

I would also like to know where I could get some drivers for my mouse. I have a Logitech Trackman wheel.
Jim
Ok, so what chipset are you using on your mother board? It is very rare that linux wont read USB ports, and I have only seen it with VIA chip sets and on lap tops.

second, you don't really need drivers for you mouse, what you want, is how to set up the multiple buttons. Once we get the USB ports working we will configure your mouse.
DS2K3
Are you sure that it is a problem with the usb controller itself and not just the devices you are using? I have webcams and cheap mp3 players that wont work for love nor money, but other devices work just fine.

There is a sticky topic in the hardware support forum which details USB troubleshooting - Have a read and try to get the info which is stipulated in there.

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.