Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Restarting X
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
mtnbiker18
Hello everyone,

I've had RH8 up and running for about 6 months with NO problems. Then I came home the other day to find everything frozen. Had to do a hard reset. All seemed OK with the start up process until it went to start X. RH tried 3 time to start X, but it failed. I don't know what to do to fix the problem.. I won't be at the computer until after work, so I can't give specifics. Any Ideas? I don't know what caused the problem either.

Thanks,
Duane
Corey
Are you using NVidia accelerated drivers? On my system, if it ever locks up, I have to re-install the driver on reboot with "make install".. This is probably not your problem, but, I thought I would mention it anyways.
mtnbiker18
Well, yes, infact I am using the NVidia drivers. But when i try to 'make install' I get and error shortly afterwards. I think I'm going to try and install XFree86 4.3.0 and see if the NVidia drivers are newer than the '4191' that I have. I'd reall like to know what hosed it in the first place. But that is a later issue.

Thanks,
Duane
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.