Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: onboard video
Linuxhelp > Support > Hardware Support
miniboss
Hi, I'm a total newbie when it comes to Linux, but I want to learn. I'm starting out from scratch, blank slate, you get the idea. I have an old HP pavillion w/ 64mb ram and onboard video that uses the Intel 810L chipset. I want to use it mainly as an internet machine since linux is less suseptible to basic internet crap, than windows. I decided to install Damn Small Linux just to try. If anyone has suggestions for a better linux distro, for learning and/or productivity, please tell me. Now when you set it up, it asks you to define resolutions and color, 8bit 16 bit etc... This is before the drivers are installed. I downloaded the driver file in rpm format, and I was wondering if one can change the color and resolution setting in linux, once the driver is installed, like in Windows? Thank you, I promise I'll have alot of questions for this forum.
michaelk
slackware or puppy might be a better distribution. I failed a googling trying to find a solution.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.