Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: modprove ndiswrapper failing to create wlan0
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Eric_T
Running Slackware and installing Netgear WG511 wireless card I have followed all instructions in a tutorial to get my wireless card running, everything has worked up till now (so far I have installed ndiswrapper, used it to create the right driver for my wireless card, which outputs the correct info on ndiswrapper -l [driver installed, hardware present]) but when I try "modprobe ndiswrapper", which is supposed to create wlan0 and connect my wireless card, it does not seem to do anything at all. I tried doing it several times, removing it with rmmod and recreating it but everytime I run iwconfig or ifconfig, no changes have been made.

I've made it this far and I've tried about 4 different driver versions which all worked up until this point.

Please, any ideas?
DS2K3
After probing the module, run "dmesg" and "lsmod" to see what is happening and check that the module is actually loaded.

D
Eric_T
And if it didnt?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.