Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In desperate need of help, libpam.so.0 error
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Zedd
Hi, I am posting this in desperation. I can't get this to work

I am using Fedora Core 5, surfing along and installing RPMs. I received the following message while trying to open some programs

unknown exit code

confused by this I ignored it, until more programs started doing it. I rebooted and received this message

sh > error while loading shared libraries: libpam.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I receive this error message during boot as well, so I cannot access FC5. My current tools are Puppy Linux 2.0 and Fedora Core 5 Recovery console

Please help!

(P.S. I can't use yum and I can't seem to get RPMs to work right in the recovery console)
Hemant
Looks like one of the abrupt shutdowns or something has corrupted the file system or something.

Ok..do you have a any file by the name of libpam.xxx in /usr/lib directory?

If no..then there is some real problem.i would advise you to take backup of the data and re-install FC5!!
g33k
try search for libpam.so.x in your /lib , /usr/lib , /usr/share/lib etc
or simply try
CODE
whereis libpam.*
or
find / -name "libpam.so.*"

if u find it somewhere try making softlinks of that file in /lib , /usr/lib etc like if u get the libpam.so.0 in /usr/lib then try
CODE
ln -s /usr/lib/libpam.so.0 /lib

this is to make sure that the program which wants the library gets it at the right place smile.gif
otherwise you may try searching for libpam.so.0 at http://rpmfind.net and then install the package that provides it..
DS2K3
Like Hemant said, I would go with reinstalling - It could be indicative of a bigger problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.