Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem compiling FAAC
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Ken Pryor
Greetings all,
I'm a Linux noob and having a problem installing DarkIce audio streamer. Actually, to be more precise, it's a problem with one of the required libraries. I'm trying without success to compile FAAC 1.24 (from audiocoding.com) in CentOS 4.3. When I type the first command according to the install instructions, which is "./bootstrap" I get a Permission Denied error. I am logged in as root. I do have autoconf, automake and libtool installed, which the instructions say are required. I have posted on their forum but get no response.
Does anyone here have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong? I know that's not much info, so please let me know if there is further info needed to help diagnose the problem. I would appreciate any help you can provide.
Thanks!
KP
Hemant
We need more information...there i guess.You got permission denied, where?

the install process is not able to write files to the file system?
Ken Pryor
Hello Hemant,
Sorry, I know I didn't give much info. I go to a terminal window, cd to the folder where the bootstrap executable is located and I type ./bootstrap at the prompt. It then returns bash: Permission Denied. Being new at this, I'm just not sure how to proceed from there. I've posted at audiocoding and also e-mailed them and received no response.
KP
Ken Pryor
Problem solved. Finally found an RPM and installed with that. Thanks!
KP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.