Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All I Want Is For This To Work :(
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
XIlliterate
Alright, Personally, I think I got 'stuck' with Kubuntu, but I know a lot of you don't feel that way. Anyway, I joined because I have to Live like this, So I may as well know what I am doing, right? Well, I got this Spiffy new Webcam and i have no idea how to get it to work, i tried it on my other computer which also has linux, I think Fedora, Well there are a couple problems with that. I was going to go old school if you will and run the CD that came with it, From what I DO know, i have to mount EVERYTHING, so i went to mount the CDrom, well only the root can do that, and my asinine brother changed it and forgot what he changed it to, so that was no good, so i called my dad, he set all this linux stuff up, something about saving our lives, anyway, i couldn't get the webcam to just work (hooks through the USB).
So here i am on my moms laptop with kubuntu with no idea how to get my lovely webcam to work.
I would really appreciate somebody telling me how to get it to work.
It's cool it takes snapshots, has built in audio and cost $30.00...So i have to figure it out.

ThX

XIlliterate
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.