Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where can I get a bzimage of kernel 2.4.27 for slackware?
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
spiroth10
yeah... I should have noticed this earlier. I got my version from slackware current a bit before 10 was released.

anyway, I was trying to install things, and make install appeared to work with no, but nothing would install. I then, also tride to use modprobe, but it said there was no modules.dep.

I go to /lib/modules to find that my system is configured for kernel 2.4.27 -- obviously not what I have. I did a reinstall using a newer kernel, and my install is from binaries. see the problem?

where can I get either a bzimage or slackware bootdisk of kernel 2.4.27? There is no longer one available from slackware.com, the closest they have is 2.4.26 for slack 10.
g33k
QUOTE (spiroth10 @ Jun 24 2006, 09:17 PM) *
anyway, I was trying to install things, and make install appeared to work with no, but nothing would install. I then, also tride to use modprobe, but it said there was no modules.dep.

I go to /lib/modules to find that my system is configured for kernel 2.4.27 -- obviously not what I have. I did a reinstall using a newer kernel, and my install is from binaries. see the problem?

what is the kernel you're having now ??
You may try to generate the modules.dep file with (i think you should have a look at the man pages of depmod before you give it a try !!)
CODE
depmod -a
spiroth10
the kernel WAS 2.4.39, but I gave up looking for a binary as I realised I have the source for 2.4.27 on a disk =P
I recompiled it early this morning and everything seems to work fine now... Although it would still be nice to have a bzimage I could fit on a floppy as a backup...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.