Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I cannot install Tiny Linux
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
garo
I tray install TINY LINUX in my pc recycle PENTIUM III/CELERON 533Mhz, but don't work.I put the first disket whit file BARE.I and I turn on the pc, the problem is just appear the letters " LI " nothing else more, his suppost appear the " LILO ", what I need do?.
Please somebody help me, that make me crazy, Helpppp Pleaseee
DS2K3
Try a differnt distribution or a LiveCD - If it still fails then it may be a BIOS problem (in whcih case upgrade). Alternatively try re-downloading the installation media (verify it using the MD5 sum if one is provided)

D
garo
QUOTE (DS2K3 @ Jun 14 2006, 01:20 PM) *
Try a differnt distribution or a LiveCD - If it still fails then it may be a BIOS problem (in whcih case upgrade). Alternatively try re-downloading the installation media (verify it using the MD5 sum if one is provided)

D

What is MD5 sum?
DS2K3
An md5-sum is a kind of hash. It is bascially a set of numbers generated from a file using an algorithm called (prediatably) MD5. Most large downloads have their MD% sum published. If, once you have downlaoded it, the MD5 sum that YOU generate using a hashing tool does not match the one that the publisher got, then you know that it got corrupted during download.

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.