Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: major help needed - linux swapped my partitions around!
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
iamzim
ok..im using suse 10 and windows xp (dual boot), and somehow, my c drive (windows installation partition) and D drive (windows restore partition) were switched around by linux (what happened is i ran repair from the linux install dvd because i had some problems with linux, and it said i had some kind of errors (fstab errors or something like that), so i said repair, and it basically switched my c and d partitions around! so now when i try to run windows, it says it is missing some files, so i think what is happening is linux put my d drive where my c drive was, and my c drive where my d drive was!!, i really need help fast, i have important things to take care of on my computer, and i wanted to know how i could fix this?

thanks,
-Dylan M
g33k
Try checking if the windows partitions exist in /windows/ folder it should automount the C drives in that directory..if the /windows/C is accessible then data can be recovered..and first of all *move your data* to some safe location before you start repairing.

If your Windows is saying some file like NTLDR etc is missing then you can first repair Windows by putting in the Windows Installation CD and then install the Grub Bootloader in linux by puttin the SUSE DVD -> Repair -> Install Boot Loader
this should do the job..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.