Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCMCIA Configuration Script?
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
smw79
I'm working on installing the drivers for my ethernet card on my laptop. I get to the # make config command and get a message that reads as : Linux PCMCIA Configuration Script: The default responses are correct for most users.

It then displays Linux Kernel source direcotry [/usr/src/linux]:

Whenever I type in anything, it tells me either linux source tree is incomplete or missing, or is not an absolute path!

What am I suppose to do next? I am totally lost, can someone help??
Termina
Have you tried just pressing 'enter' at the prompt?

What linux kernel version are you using, and what distro?

Have you installed the kernel source/headers for your distro?

Try 'ls /usr/src/linux' and tell us if anything is in there (should be a sym link).
smw79
Ya, I tried to just hit return as it appears it wants me to go through a steps of prompts and says something about linux tree source is missing and gives me a ftp link to look at. Only problem is I can't get internet on my laptop yet because I can't get my card configured.

And I don't quite understand how to download a file off a CD or USB or floppy onto Linux.
Termina
Please see my above post, and answer my quetions.

What do you see when you execute 'ls /usr/src/linux'

What distro are you using? Is this a wireless card? Can you just use your ethernet card to download packages?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.