Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom Installation?
Linuxhelp > Support > Hardware Support
smw79
I was installing my version of Linux (fedora core 1) onto virtual pc and noticed there is a customised installation. I noticed it had a section for development tools that I may be missing from the default install. Would I be best to do the custom install considering I don't have much memory on my laptop and if so, what items do you reccomend?
Termina
If you select one of the non-customized builds, you can still go back to that screen later and select additional packages, if memory serves. smile.gif
smw79
I've tried to do that, I installed the CD again and the only option it gives me is an upgrade or install. How can I reinstall certain packages I may need or want later?
DS2K3
Fedora has a tool that allows package installation either via a GUI or ont he command line. See http://wiki.linuxhelp.net/index.php/Softwa...re_Installation for info about the command line "yum" utility

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.