Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Error modprobing ndiswrapper
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
davysouthernboy
When I did a make for ndiswrapper-1.16, I received the following warning:

*** WARNING: Kernel seems to have 4K size stack option (CONFIG_4KSTACKS) removed; many Windows drivers will need at least 8K size stacks. You should read wiki about 4K size stack issue. Don't complain about crashes until you resolve this.

After installation and successfully loading a driver, I did a depmod -a with no error messages. However, when I did a modprobe ndiswrapper, I get:

FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.15.7/misc/ndiswrapper.ko): Invalid module format

When I did a dmesg, I get:

ndiswrapper: version magic '2.6.15.7 SMP preempt K7 gcc-3.4' should be '2.6.15.7 SMP preempt K7 gcc-3.3'

I can tell something does not match the other, but have no idea what. I've already recompiled the ndiswrapper and the kernel and get the same thing everytime. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
DS2K3
The kernel seems to be compiled against a different version of GCC - Make sure that you have to most recent version of the kernel source. Also check hich versions of GCC you have installed (try removing all but one). You dont say which distribution you're sing - There might be a precompiled version of ndis-wrapper and a kernel with 8k stacks available.

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.