Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PLEASE HELP! I DONT KNOW HOW TO INSTALL
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
chinleaf
I just bought a new Creative Zen Mp3 player. With it came the software cd disc that has Itunes and whatnot on it.
Ive never installed anything on Linux before. I put the CD into the drive and well.. now I'm lost.
Normally Windows just automatically gives you commands to install it, but this hasn't happened for me.
I opened it up in My Computer and clicked on the install.exe file, but then it asked me what program I wanted to open it with and i had no idea.
Please help sad.gif
Cheers
Libby
docmur
Okay well first off linux is not mean't have one simple operation for every thing such as double click the install, actually linux does not natively read .exe files so that is what it's tell you. Now I don't know the zen but I guessing that it works like an ipod and I'm willing to bet that someone or some company has made linux stuff for it. Now first off what distro are you on, second do you load the zen at the root of the disk, the root would be the first level so in linux either /mnt/sda1 /media/sda1, sda because it's a scsi hard disk.

I would love to help you with this

Thanks

DOCMUR
DS2K3
Try installing the "Gnomad2" package - It may well be provided by your distributor, but we might be able to locate a package when we know which distribution you're using.

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.