Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Firefox
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
rava_sd
Hello,

i have Suse 9.3 with the old Firefox 1.0.8 and i wanted to do an update. so first, i thought i should give it a try with the software update, but there was no clue about firefox. Then i've decided to check the homepage, i downloaded the latest version, extracted the files and there i was... with the folder. I knew it couldn't been that simple but i tried it anyway and it worked, i had the latest firefox BUT later it became clear to me that it wasn't installed. I just had the folder. My question is how can i install the new one instead of the old one?
The file i used is called firefox-1.5.0.2.tar.gz
Thanks
DS2K3
If you isntalled Firefox using the Suse package manager (or if it came installed) then uninstall using the Suse control panel (I dont have suse, so im not sure quite how it works). Once you've done that, you should place the files you extracted from the tar file into /opt/firefox (you will need to be root to do so). You can then setup some new shortcuts on your desktop etc. to run /opt/firefox/firefox

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.