Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MOUNTING???? ISO FILE
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
jay260873
HI THERE, I HAVE GOT A GAME AND HERE IS THE SPEC FOR IT

I HAVE GOT 2 .CUE FILES WHICH I HAVE PUT ON DISK USING ROXIO NO PROBS THERE, THESE ARE DISKS 2 AND 3 OF THE GAME.

THE OTHER FILE ON THE COMP IS A RAR FILE, WHICH WHEN OPENED HAS iso.ISO. NOW WHEN I DOUBLE CLICK THAT IT OPENS IT A READS AS FOLLOWING
000000001.TMP
THEN 3 .INI FILES

AND THE OTHER IS A READ ME FILE WHICH SAYS:-
Install Vampire:Blood using the game

Just mount this iso so that you can play the game.

Keep your Original Safe in the BOX!"

RIGHT!!!!! SO WHAT DOES MOUNT ISO MEAN??????

WHEN I INSERT THE DISK 2 IT SAYS INSERT DISK 1!!!!! BUT THERE IS NO DISK 1 JUST ALL THE ABOVE.

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IM DOING WRONG PLEASE.THANKS
Hemant
you can mount an ISO file like this:

mount -o loop -t iso9660 <isofilename> <mountpoint>
dishawjp
RIGHT!!!!! SO WHAT DOES MOUNT ISO MEAN??????

Yeah, right. Hmmmm..... Looks like a straight forward statement to me. So what word don't you understand, mount or iso?

I HAVE PUT ON DISK USING ROXIO

You got Roxio running on Linux. I'm impressed, you must be quite the hacker. Maybe you should be giving us some pointers.

Fix your caps lock and try not to be such a complete jerk and you might get a better answer.

You might want to consider calling tech support for your game. Oh, wait, they don't support pirated software, do they.

Some people just shouldn't have access to computers or the internet. You're the perfect example.
DS2K3
Fix your caps lock and try not to be such a complete jerk and you might get a better answer.

You might want to consider calling tech support for your game. Oh, wait, they don't support pirated software, do they.

Some people just shouldn't have access to computers or the internet. You're the perfect example.

Deep breath and count to ten...

It is one thing to be a bit impolite in asking for help (a lot of people who come here do not have english as their first language - so it is understandable in some cases) but it is another to call somebody a jerk when you have no idea of WHY they seemed impolite. It's mush better to say nothing at all than make yourself look impolite too.

In answer to the question:

Which game are you using? Do you have a link to its homepage? Can you post the ACTUAL installation instrctions? Are you SURE that you're running Linux?

D
dishawjp
Deep breath and count to ten...

DS2K3,

Sorry. I would never give anybody a hard time just because of poor English language skills, bad spelling, or even for asking very basic questions easily found in FAQ's & etc.

I apologize for losing my cool. My impression was that this guy was/is a Windows user with pirated warez software which is probably loaded with malware, whose computer is probably already spamming us all and spewing more malware all over the internet (given, probably without his knowledge) and he's here asking us questions on how to install more of it.

Anyway, I'm sorry, I'll ignore posts like this in the future and try to limit my responses to helpful and useful ones.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.