Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VPS running CentOS
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
vpsadmin
I recently set up a VPS account on a server running Centos

My goal is to install Webmin and then SugarCRM or OpenVPN on this server.

Problem is... I am a windows guy and now I am using putty and am at a command line I have no idea what to do with.

Over the last few hours I think i have found that I need to install Webmin into my VPS/Centos install... but after looking over all the install directions, I have no idea what they mean.

I think at this moment, I am stuck when it comes to downloading the webmin rpm to my VPS enviroment. I think I am suppose to use wget of some ftp commands, but I can not even figure that out.

Any direction would be helpful.

Thanks!
Robert83
Hi,

CODE
yum install webmin openvpn mc

CODE
mc

look for /etc/webmin/ some config file or /etc/ for some webmin.conf file
look for what port it will listen to then
CODE
chkconfig webmin on
/etc/init.d/webmin start

Sincerely
Robert B

ps.: I will install webmin tomorrow myself, so if you fail, I will tell you what to do exactly, but try the above first.
vpsadmin
Hey - Thank You Robert.

I must admit, I got impatient and asked a Linux savy friend for some help and he logged into my box and configured it on my behalf. I have no idea how he ended up doing it in the end.

WebMin is my kinda app... a gui!

Just wondering but are there any newer or better unix admin app (like webmin) out there in the opensource world?

Thanks!
DS2K3
There is no better app than Webmin!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.