Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Top of screen is cut off
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
rprice18
I am running Mandriva 10.1 on an AMD box with an nvidia card that has an svideo connector. I just hooked it up to the big screen tv. The cpu boot screen and initial Mandriva screen displayed during load look fine but when xwindows comes up everything is shifted up and the top of the screen is cut off. I have tried every combination of screen/video card resolution with some working better than others but even the best leave about 1/4 of the screen cut off. I have also set the tv screen position to the lowest position.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Termina
Your problem is that you're probably using the 'nv' driver.

I'm not familar with Mandrivia, but if your distro install has the source for the kernel installed, you can grab the real nvidia driver off nvidia.com

Once you get the nvidia drive installed, you can use my xorg.conf file. (I have the same setup. Nvidia card, monitor on right, TV on left)

You may have to update it for your monitor's refresh rates, but they've worked with just about every monitor I've tried them with.

http://unhandledexceptions.com/~will/xorg.conf
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.