Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ethereal Building
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Jayendra Sai
Hello All,

I am trying to build the ethereal program on my linux box and I find it difficult to configure it. In this regards, my first question is where will all the packages will be stored once we download it from the CD. Is it into /usr/share/doc? Because this is the only location where I found the ./configure file?

Apart from this is there any other location the packages will be stored?

When I am trying to build the server using the ./configure in that location, it says there are no resources in . and ../ directories? I have searched both the locations and that's right no resources are located in both the locations?

Can any one please let me know the answer?

I am definitely going to treat you for this as this is going to be my first built.

Bye,
Sai.
michaelk
What linux distribution / version are you running? A binary package might already exist so compiling from source may not be required.

Have you read the documentation:
http://www.ethereal.com/docs/eug_html/#ChB...ldInstallDistro

Once the package is downloaded you must extract the files. There might be a read me file that explains the steps to run configure, make, make install. These are the processes to configure the package to be compiled, compile the source code and then copy the files to the proper directories.

From the CD you can copy the package over to your user directory and extract the files. Is the CD from a linux install?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.