Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Apache Help - 403 Forbidden
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Katari
All:

I appreciate any help in this matter. Myself and multiple admins can't seem to come up. We are running an apache web server using redhat advanced server. We are running an intranet on our server and we created a smb mount to another windows share and then we put that mount in a subdirectory of our html folder for apache (/var/www/html). We are calling it dasdshare. The problem is when we try to access it via the website we get the following error:

You don't have permission to access /dasdshare on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

We did a chmod 777 on it already and the only difference I can see in this folder and the other folders we have that are working is the other persmissions are
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Mar 8 17:11 web

and the one that isn't working is
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Mar 9 12:35 dasdshare

I don't know if the 2 root root vs 1 root root makes a difference.

Beers on me if you guys can help

Thanks.
as2100
Can you post the permissions for a couple files (specifically the index) that are under the /dasdshare directory? The directory looks to have correct permissions, but how about the files in dasdshare that actually need to be read?

Also, type 'mount' and post what permissions your SMB mount was mounted with.
DS2K3
SMB shares sometiumes need to be mounted with the "user" option, and "umask=0777" to give users the correct permissions (777 might seem dangerous, but bear in mind that Windows Filesystems dont have any file permission support - and read-only supported can be setup on the server)

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.