I'm sorry to be a bother, but I'm new to linux and though I enjoy toying around getting things to work, I need some help with my wireless card.

I've read various guides and I am pretty sure I installed the video card correctly (haven't had the oppourtunity to test the 3d graphics... dunno how since all my games are for windows), I got the sound to work (simple one just check a box in kde), and everything else (for the most part) seems to work fine, except for the bloody wireless card.

So anywho, I'm running FC4 (inititally tried debian till I was stuck in a kernal since I couldn't get the graphic card to work or install right where I learned my first lesson: dos and linux kernals are quite different... and after an hour or so of trying I gave up and net installed FC3... which btw if anyone has any better suggestions as to which distro of linux i should use, suggestions with reasons are helpful... :-p)

According to the guides, I need
ipw2200 (got version 1.0.10)
and
ipw2200

untared them, and coppied the firmware to /lib/firmware/

went to /lib/intelpro/ipw2200* and tried make

I got an error saying that I needed something called ieee80211
grr
so I went to the site it mentioned and download that version 1.1.9

untarred it and tried to install that...

then went back and tried to install the ipw... restarted went to the directory ./load

unload: line 9: lsmod: command not found
No modules unloaded.
./load: line 16: lsmod: command not found
./load: line 55: modprobe: command not found
./load: line 59: modprobe: command not found
./load: line 63: insmod: command not found
No modules loaded.

so now, I would like to know how to uninstall what I obviouslly screwed up and reinstall it correctly...

Sorry for the inconvience...

Heh, I am actually good with computers, windows computers, and find linux to be something I would like to learn... I have a few other problems, but I'm sure I will work them out in due time...

I plan on virtually running xp on a different partition through linux (i have a guide on how to do that too :-p) and am planning on working on that tonight... I've given up on the wireless card for a while because I don't want to mess it up more then I already have. Sorry for the bother, but thank you if you can help...

Peace
C