Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a bandwidth limiter
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Syco54645
Hi
I have been looking for a bandwidth limiter for some time now because when I upload at my max speed, it kills my downstream (4 mbits down, ~300 kbits up). Would there be a way that I could limit my total upstream from my computer to say 240 kbits? I did find shaperd, but I could not understand any of the documentation that I read about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

-Syco54645
Robert83
Hi,

this may be a bit of a overkill http://www.linuxhelp.ca/forums/index.php?a...=ST&f=15&t=6767 , if you have only one computer...

But you can use some really crap machine for this like a p1 or p2 around 200~ mhz with 32-128MB ram, and a 1GB hdd , plus 2 ethernet cards

Sincerely
Robert B
Syco54645
i just read that before i made the post and looked at Bandwidth Arbitrator, it appears that it costs money. all i really want is a program that i can say 200 kbit upload.

i have an ipcop router and i cannot specify the max upload in that either.

thanks for the reply, get back to me on if it is free or not

-Syco54645
Robert83
Hi,

that is free, since you install it youreself, there is a commercial version that is bundled on a cd...

but this one is, free , it was free for a long time and it seems it will be free for a long time to come.

Sincerely
Robert B
Syco54645
how much zing will it take from my computer? i have a athlon xp 2000+ with 768 megs of ram
Robert83
Hi,

not much if you only have 1 computer... for 135 machines I have a load avarage on a P4 3Ghz 0.27 0.19 0.18

Sincerely
Robert B
Termina
What's eating up all your upload speed?

Bittorrent clients (Azureus is a good one) lets you limit your upload speed.

If you have a website that's using all this up, check out bw_mod or mod_bandwith (depending on your version of apache).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.