Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trouble with ftp
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
chuckbennett1961
Someone else set this system up and they are not here anymore. They setup anonymous ftp and configured it to now allow anyone to upload to my site. I have tried to configre to allow uploads only for a friend and then turn it off. Here is what I had in /etc/vsftpd.conf. Below this is what I have changed it to and I have run xinetd restart and when I now try to upload from the outside I still get permissions denied. What am I doing wrong? I have also tried to change permissions on the files and that does not seem to help at all. Any help would be great. There is more in the file but I don't think it pertains to this.

Thank you

####/etc/vsftpd.conf####
anonymous_enable=YES
anon_root=/home/ftp
local_enable=NO
write_enable=NO
anon_upload_enable=NO
anon_mkdir_write_enable=NO
anon_other_write_enable=NO

# Security
anon_world_readable_only=YES
connect_from_port_20=YES
cmds_allowed=ABOR,CWD,LIST,NLST,PASV,PORT,PWD,QUIT,RETR,REST,SYST,TYPE
hide_ids=YES
hide_file={blind,incoming}
pasv_min_port=50000
pasv_max_port=60000
tcp_wrappers=yes

This is what I changed it to.

#customer is done.
anonymous_enable=YES
anon_root=/home/ftp
local_enable=NO
write_enable=YES
anon_upload_enable=YES
anon_mkdir_write_enable=NO
anon_other_write_enable=YES

# Security
anon_world_readable_only=YES
connect_from_port_20=YES
cmds_allowed=ABOR,CWD,LIST,NLST,PASV,PORT,PWD,QUIT,RETR,REST,SYST,TYPE,PUT
hide_ids=YES
hide_file={blind,incoming}
pasv_min_port=50000
pasv_max_port=60000
tcp_wrappers=yes
chuckbennett1961
Ok I got this working. All I needed to do is add a directory in the home directory on my system with the correct premissions and all is well. I added a directory called incoming in the /home/ftp directory and gave it permissions of 3 3 3. This way the directory is blind and can't be seen by the outside. The only thing I needed to change it he .conf file was the anon_upload_enable to YES.

I just wanted to post this so if anyone else runs into the problem there is a follow up as to how I got it to work.

Thank you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.