Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: installation locking up
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
ilana612
Hello all....i am a new linux user, and i have been trying to install linux. I currently have Windows XP installed on my C drive and am trying to install linux on the D drive. The installation process seem fine until it reaches the point of being 65 percent complete, and it locks up. It's happening at the same point in the installation every time- /initrd/loopfs: /usr/share/cups/model

Any thoughts or suggestions? Hopefully this is not a stupid question. smile.gif I would greatly appreciate any help, thanks!!
Jim
Most common problem is the disks. I would re-download the ISO files, check the md5 sums, and re-burn them. See if that fixes the problem. Thats my best recomendation.
tuvazeock
Well, I'm not too familiar with linux yet, but my install of Fedora core did the same thing to me, it had something to do with a graphical program, I removed it from the list of things to be installed, and tried again. The install went fine, and I added the program when I booted into linux.

I'm not too sure, but doesn't CUPS have something to do with printing? or print sharing.
DS2K3
CUPS handles print queues. Like most bits of Linux, it runs as a server lsitening on ports, so it is capable of acting as the print queue for multiple computers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.