Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: using synaptic to update
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
jtruikll
Hello. If anybody could help with this, I would appreciate. I'm trying to do an upgrade all with synaptic after a new install of the KDE Morphix ISO. Everything is cool, except after updating the list, then applying, it downloads what it needs, then it says:

E: This installation run will require temporarily removing the essential package e2fsprogs due to a Conflicts/Pre-Depends loop. This is often bad, but if you really want to do it, activate the APT::Force-LoopBreak option.
E: Internal Error, Could not early remove e2fsprogs

Selecting the file and selecting 'package->force version', then apply. Gives the same error msg. Am I missing a step? Or doing something wrong? Help! What other way can I activate the Force-LoopBreak option, or should I do things differently? I don't want to try to install any other programs until this is overcome. Frustrating.

Thanks in advance!
jtruikll
Well, doesn't look like anyone wants to answer this one; here or the morphix forums. Can someone at least point me in the right direction?
Jim
I don't have any experience with morphix or xynaptic so I can't help you. The only place I could point you would be the morphix forums or google. Sorry, there just doesn't seem to be anybody here who has experience with that particular problem.
jtruikll
No problem, but I do thank you for your reply. When I find out I will post the answer in case anyone else happens along with the same problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.